Friday, April 3, 2009

Floral Fridays


Sunflowers are my absolute favorite flower of all time! I'll say it over and over again. For my wedding this past November, I had a sunflower bouquet. My kitchen is decorated with sunflower curtains, rug, towels, and even paper towel holder. I wish I could grow a garden of sunflowers. I know they aren't the fanciest flowers, but every time I see them it makes me smile. One sunflower can turn a bad day around for me. Not sure how many of you have seen the movie "The Order" with Heath Ledger. There is a whole conversation about sunflowers which I think perfectly describes their beauty. "I always thought that when God was making beautiful things, He messed up with sunflowers... Well, 'cause they look like - I don't know. They look like crooked teeth around a mouth that's too big, kind of.... But... just when He was about to start over, He realized that's what made them beautiful. They were a brilliant mistake."

1 comment: